Launcher

Launcher
Cisco Launcher Leash exercising with Arnold during molt. Arnie is hoping for a scrap. Also that Cisco won't pop him.

Farrah Exercising During Molt

Farrah Exercising During Molt
Checking the mail....

Friday, December 25, 2015

Confidence or hubris?

I have been keeping Farrah at a very high weight, pushing her into a winter molt. She really didn't finish over the summer. The last few days I have been flying her to fist in her night mew, the office in my house. Today I decided to fly her loose in my cul-de-sac, then weighed her,  preflight. 950 grams, the high end of Cisco's flying weight! Never have I flown her so fat. On with the Razor transmitter and out to the street. She did really well, using my neighbor's roof as a training perch. Even took a late day bath after.

Cisco was a lean 915 grams, a red-hot hunting weight I consider at the low end of his flying weight. It has been so warm and rainy that I did not take him out today, and may wait until Monday for cool weather. I put on his transmitter, and flew him. He was fired up. Lucky for the neighborhood squirrels that they were hiding. He has taken a couple during these sessions and never fails to catch a squirrel at this weight when taken to woods.

This is a rare reversal of their relative weights. Cisco is typically 100 grams heavier, both flying and molting.

No comments:

Post a Comment