Launcher

Launcher
Cisco Launcher Leash exercising with Arnold during molt. Arnie is hoping for a scrap. Also that Cisco won't pop him.

Farrah Exercising During Molt

Farrah Exercising During Molt
Checking the mail....

Thursday, January 7, 2016

A Fine Day

1/7/2016

Cisco redeemed us after yesterday evening's performance on birds which was sorry, and my careless handling of the squirrel a few days ago that resulted in its escape.

Today the woods and creeks were flooded when we arrived, and I was concerned that I might have to swim at some point, if Cisco got in a serious jam on the other side of the creek. At 921 grams, he was all business today,  and I just watched the show. He chased a good number of squirrels, was winded a few times, but eventually nabbed one. He parachuted down landing right by a water filled ditch, so I grabbed and submerged the squirrel with hawk attached for the dispatch.

I have to put this hunt as one of the very best I have had with him, though the description is unremarkable. 

The catch is shown here on YouTube, the only video I have ever taken of Cisco's taking anything.  

https://youtu.be/DU22sDMq6bA

Damp aftermath 

No comments:

Post a Comment