Launcher

Launcher
Cisco Launcher Leash exercising with Arnold during molt. Arnie is hoping for a scrap. Also that Cisco won't pop him.

Farrah Exercising During Molt

Farrah Exercising During Molt
Checking the mail....

Thursday, January 7, 2016

The Lost Squirrel

1/4/2016

Cisco and I went out to chase squirrels this afternoon. Unfortunately, there were people nearby and I hurried my preparation. Notably I didn't bring my heavy right hand glove, useful for squirrels. Cisco caught a squirrel right away, and parachuted down with it, but got hung up in vine. He was at chest level which might have been convenient if I had my right glove. It was at a bad angle for the left, so I barehanded the squirrel with my right, grabbing the squirrel around the neck. Not surprisingly, the squirrel tried to bite me just as Cisco readjusted his grip. The squirrel escaped, but Cisco recovered and caught it again about 20 feet away, hiding behind trunk of tree. Not being that bright, I meddled in Cisco's business again and the squirrel was gone for good. Cisco sulked in a tree for a few minutes and began pursuing again, but we ran out of daylight. I heard a great horned owl in the distance. We went home without squirrel, but Cisco got bitten due to my efforts. Either time the hawk could have settled the squirrel, but I was jumpy.

No comments:

Post a Comment